It’s that time of year again! Prime Day deals are BACK!
Raise your hand if you love Amazon. Okay, don’t raise your hand since I can’t actually see you.
There are tons of deals but it can be hard to find what you’re wanting since there is so much to sift through. Here are some tips for navigating the sale and some suggestions for what to look for as a homeschooler. The sale starts July 16, 2018 at 3pm Eastern and will run through the 17th.
Don’t forget that Prime Day deals are only applicable if you have a Prime membership. If you don’t have one, how about a free trial? Sign up and you’ll be eligible to get these offers, even if you cancel right away.
Use the Amazon App
It is MUCH easier to use the app to find and track deals on the items you want. It’s not necessary, but navigation is a little faster and some of these deals will sell out quickly as they are limited in number, so you want to be quick when you find something you want. You also can access sneak peeks on the app, which you cannot do on a computer. But once the sale starts, you can still find deals using your PC. Either way, I love the app for regular shopping anyway. Click here to download the app!
Once you have the app, come back to this post and click here to access Amazon’s Prime Day Guide! It has several cheats for you. It should bring the page up in the app, but it also works on a computer if you prefer not to use the app for this part.
Locating and Saving Deals
The best way to do this is to locate deals ahead of time. You’ll want to then save them for later so you an easily find them again when the deal is live.
First, go to the app and type “sneak peak.” This must be done on the app; it will not work on a computer.
You can then find products that will be on sale during the Amazon Prime Day sale and add them to your watch list. If you are looking before the sale starts, there are limited sneak peeks available, and you have to add those to a wish list or shopping list to get alerts for these.
Next, be sure to turn on notifications under the settings menu within the Amazon app. Scroll down till you see “watchlist and waitlisted deals.” You’ll then be notified when the deal is begining so you can quickly add the item to your cart and get checked out. You may end up checking out multiple times on Prime Day! Except don’t forget that one of the best benefits to Prime is that you will have free two-day shipping on many items, so it’s not like you’ll be charged a bunch for shipping due to having many checkouts instead of just one.
You can also search for items you really want and look for the Amazon Prime Day badge, indicating they are on sale during this time frame. I like to just go to my wish lists and anything I have “saved for later” in my cart to see if there are any deals on something I will need to purchase anyway.
They also are going to be offering special $5 off deals if you use the camera within the Amazon app. There is a barcode scanner, product search, and something that sounds fun…the “package x-ray.” I’ll definitely be trying these out!
Don’t forget that if you do miss a deal, you may be able to still get added to the waitlist. You only have a limited time to check out after you put a deal in your shopping cart on Amazon, I think it’s 15 minutes if I remember from years past.
Another way to access deals is to go to the menu in the app, scroll to “Today’s Deals,” select “Upcoming” across the top, and you’ll find both Prime Day Deals and Prime Early Access Deals. You can use this same menu for quick access to the items you’re watching, too. You can filter by department, too.
Amazon Prime Day Deals for Homeschoolers
Here are some items you might be interested in. You’ll want to add these to a wish list so you’ll get an alert when the deal is live.
- Jane Austen: The Complete Works 7-Book Boxed Set: Classics hardcover boxed set
- Guess How Much I Love You
- The Travel Book: Mind-Blowing Stuff on Every Country in the World
- Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope
- Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70AZ Refractor Telescope
- Nature Bound Bug Catcher with Habitat Bucket and 7 Piece Nature Exploration Set
- Adventure Kids – Educational Outdoor Children’s Toys – Binoculars, Flashlight, Compass, Magnifying Glass, Butterfly Net & Backpack. Explorer Kit, Great Kidz Gift Set For Birthday, Camping & Hiking
- Lauri – Fun with Magnets
- Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand for Windows, Mac, Linux (2MP, 250x Magnification)
Arts and Crafts
- Arteza Real Brush Pens, 48 Paint Markers with Flexible Brush Tips, Professional Watercolor Pens for Painting, Drawing, Coloring & More, 100% Nontoxic, Multiple Colors
- Huion L4S Light Box – 17.72 Inches USB ADJUSTABLE Illumination Light Panel only 5mm Thin Light Table with 5 A4 Tracing Papers and 1 Non-woven Bag L14.17″ x W10.63″ x H0.2″
For Your School Room
- Gaiam Kids Stay-N-Play Children’s Balance Ball – Flexible School Chair, Active Classroom Desk Seating with Stay-Put Stability Legs, Includes Air Pump
- LEVOIT Kana Himalayan Rock Salt Lamp Pink Crystal Hand Carved Hymalain Lamps with Real Rubber Wood Base, Dimmable Touch Switch, Holiday Gift (UL-Listed, 2 Extra Original Bulbs Included)
- VicTsing 300ml Essential Oil Diffuser, Wood Grain Ultrasonic Aroma Cool Mist Humidifier for Office Home Bedroom Baby Room Study Yoga Spa(Deep Brown)
- C-Line Reusable Dry Erase Pockets, 9 x 12 Inches, Assorted Neon Colors, 25 Pockets per Pack
- IRIS 5 Drawer Wide Chest, White (this is a plastic rolling cart)
- OfficePro Ultra-Slim, Lightweight Magnetic Dry Erase Board & Accessories (Includes Whiteboard Pen & Pen Tray, 3 x Magnets & Eraser) – 24 x 36 Inch
- Green Toys Airplane & Board Book
- The Learning Journey Techno Gears – Quirky Copter
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Construction Building Set in a Box (48 pcs)
- Toysmith Marbles in a Tin Box
- TINKERTOY 30 Model Super Building Set (200 Piece)
- Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter, 1 Liter, 34 Ounce, Black Band
- BLACK+DECKER HHVI315JO42 Dustbuster Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum, Flexi Blue (I have an older model and it’s AWESOME)
- Ozeri ZK12-L Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale, 1g/12 lb, Lime Green (I have this, too!)