Just wanted to share with you all that I’ll be participating in the Start Homeschooling Summit next month! If you are wondering about homeschooling or are new to this, you won’t want to miss these online workshops! If you are currently homeschooling, you will definitely get a lot out of this as well.
I’m excited as this is my first time creating a workshop and participating in something like this. My workshop is called Stress Less With Systems and Routines and I discuss three strategies for making your mom duties a little easier! We homeschool moms work hard to keep everything afloat and it can be very stressful if you don’t have a plan in place for cleaning, cooking, etc. That stress can lead to snapping at your kids and then they start snapping at each other and ugh…living at your house becomes a nightmare!
We have all been there but with some systems and routines in place, you can run your home on autopilot, freeing up mental energy to spend on your kids.
There are 34 workshops in all and the Summit will take place over 7 days. There are a couple of live workshops each day, plus the pre-recorded ones (mine is pre-recorded). They will each be free for 48 hours, including a replay of the live ones.
Each workshop includes a high quality download to supplement the presentation. These are free while the workshop is free.
The workshops I’m most looking forward to include:
- Homeschooling — Getting Past the Fear
- How to Add Fun to Your Homeschool (Even If You Aren’t a “Fun” Mom)
- 9 Essentials of a Charlotte Mason Education for the Early Years
- Why You Need a Morning Basket — and How to Make It the Heart of Your Homeschool
- Self-Directed Education and the Future of Learning
- Low-Tech Homeschooling
- Instilling Character Into Your Children
- Creating a Culture of Writers at Home
- How will I homeschool my older kids when the baby comes?
- Conflict Resolution Skills You Must Teach Your Children (<— we desperately need this in our home!!)
- Gifted and Twice Exceptional Homeschooling: Raising, Teaching, and Loving Your Poppy
As you can see, the Summit covers a wide variety of topics; I would be shocked if you didn’t find something that would be helpful to you. The presenters are all veteran homeschool moms, some with 30+ years of homeschooling under their belts! I am humbled to work with these high caliber ladies! Best of all, you get all of this for FREE over the course of the week (Feb 19th – 25th). You can find the full list of workshops here.
If you would like to be on the list to get an email and be one of the first to know when these workshops are live, please click here to sign up on the Summit site.